19 Jun 2009

A really WILD Wild Things

Oh my goodness! A fur-covered Wild Things. What will they think of next?

PS It's the book of the film by Dave Eggers, not the original by Maurice Sendak.

This summary of the book worries me...

...about the confusions of a boy, Max, making his way in a world he can’t control. His father is gone, his mother is spending time with a younger boyfriend, his sister is becoming a teenager and no longer has interest in him. At the same time, he finds himself capable of startling acts of wildness — he wears a wolf suit, bites his mom, can’t always control his outbursts. During a fight at home, Max flees and runs away into the woods...

I think I like Sendak's version better.

2 comments:

  1. We will definitely be sticking with Sendak's version! I don't know why they have to go and do that to a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How disappointing! I agree - the original is a fabulous book. What are they thinking?
    Booo.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you to leave me a message. Tell me what you like - and what you don't. Just remember that this is what we do in our family - it doesn't have to be what you do in yours...